Sunday, February 6, 2011

I need a prescription

Since it's been a couple of months since I last updated I thought I better log in to see if this thing was still alive. I originally created this blog to track my adventures. I haven't been on many lately and when I have I haven't remembered to bring my camera along.

The lack of adventures has been weighing on my mood along with the passing of my grandpa. Skiing and cycling are my outlet for all of lifes frustrations. When I don't get out I'm not a very good husband or father. Luckily I'm married to a girl that understands that. So Saturday morning when I kissed her goodbye and told her I was meeting Ben and Mike she said I'll see you at 5. We had a great day skiing At Snowbird, even if they had half the resort shut down with 80 mph gusts.

When I'm feeling cagey I often think to myself that I was made to be exploring the frontier and that it's entirely possible that I was born 100 years too late. While i really enjoy my job...Spending 10-12 hours a day in my office has to be offset with some quality time outside. This past summer a good friend of mine broke his hip mountain biking. When I called to check in with him he told me he was going nuts not being able to get out and ride and that he was pretty sure he was clinically depressed! We lauhed about that together, but I knew exactly what he was talking about. Some of us dont take our meds out of a prescription bottle. We get our fix riding the frontier sitting in a saddle of different sorts. I cant wait for the trails to dry out.

1 comment:

  1. it is soo good that you have something that is your outlet... it helps that it keeps you healthy and happy! your wife IS so amazing, so supportive! whenever dan goes out either hunting or fishing i'm more than happy to let him go because he is always in the best mood when he comes home!

    i love you and can't wait to see you and the family again!

    ReplyDelete